01 December 2011

Professor says: "Friends Don’t Let Friends Get Into Finance"

Friends Don’t Let Friends Get Into Finance
The above article is really quite an interesting article but I have to say I am very disappointed with the professor’s attitude towards his students. Possibly on of the one most important things to me is that all of my students are as successful as they possibly can be.  If that means making millions of dollars at investment banks then so be it.

"GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY
You learn the science of money,
But don't go making your own"
It's very very important to me to make sure that everything that I teach in the classroom is somehow related to what the students will do somehow.  That might be immediately related in assessments or alternatively somehow to work practice into the future. To indulge in the belief that your area of expertise is far more important than your students well-being seems to me to be selfish in the extreme. By that, extremely arrogant also.


Don't tell me academics aren't selfish basteds sometimes. 

No comments: