14 April 2013

What I got up to in March 2013


WHAT I GOT UP TO IN March 2013

  • Research
    • Attended a VDC (VET Development Centre) Workshop in supporting the research grant
    • Continued working on the research proposal and rethink elements to meet ethical standards. 
  • I ran a student excursion to the Berry Nice Strawberry farm
    • 55 attendees
    • Both degree and diploma students attended
    • Photos and video below
    • New Video: What makes a good accountant
    • As an ongoing thing, I also manage the Facebook Page for Berry Nice to make the assignment feel "as real as possible". 
  • New Video and blog commentary: Teaching critical thinking with play dough.
  • Still teaching Semester 1 (Adv Accounting Theory, Accounting Information System, Tax Law and Critical Thinking )
  • And I looked after my new born, which means:
    • I didn't sleep much, and
    • I changed a LOT of nappies. 



STRAWBERRY EXCURSION

















Video from the trip: What makes a good accountant? 



Teaching critical thinking using playdough. 
You can read my post "7 tips for teaching with playdough" where I offer tips and then reflect on my own work and provide criticism as to how I could have done it better. 



Consolidations and Corporate Accounting
This isn't  isn't my teaching (clearly), but I provided the equipment and editing skills to assist my a colleague to get her lecture video recorded. Welcome to the wonderful world of consolidations. 

No comments: