03 May 2013

What I got up to in April 2013

WHAT I GOT UP TO IN APRIL 2013

  • I got published in the Higher Ed section of the Australian Newspaper! Article: "No TAFE student ever asked the way to the bar" April 09, 2013 
  • I completed the PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) Mentor training which now accredited me to look after "PASS Leaders". This means that I am accredited to train and guide students who are paid to mentor/tutor other students. 
  • I marked a zillion assignments. 
  • Participated in peer-reviews of colleagues teaching for their Grad Cert in Tertiary Teaching at the University of Melbourne.
  • Recorded two new videos:
    • The drunk man's random walk down Wall St.
    • Fishing sustainably 
    • (Both videos need cutting and editing)
  • Trailed new classroom activity where students mark past students exam papers and give their reasoning. 
  • I managed not get told off for bringing beer bottles (empty) and play dough into the classroom (again). 
  • I received a rather lovely reference letter from the dean. (I'll frame that one)
  • Reworked the blog and did a general cleaning up 
  • Wrote a blog post on recording neat HD video using an iPhone and bulldog clips
  • Started to collect a portfolio of evidence for the OLT application. 
  • Taught our CEO(!) how to use voice recognition software.



Evidence & illustrations below



Yes, I actually claim responsibility for making this awful meme.





Me getting up to mischief while recording a video "the drunk man's random walk down wall st"
That's my Accounting Theory class on the right hand side.



A rather nice reference letter.

No comments: